I woke up this morning wanting eggnog... but I also wanted my daily mocha.
Ok, I can't decide. How about I combine them. So I went browsing for an easy eggnog mocha recipe. Surely someone out there has thought of this combination. Well, after some searching I found a couple, but the recipes were for a large batch. Plus some of the ingredients were a little more than what I had in mind. I just wanted something simple. It's Sunday morning. I don't want to take all morning making this. Simple is the word of the day.
So I'm just going to make my own. I figured I could substitute the milk for eggnog since they are both dairy. I warmed it in the microwave so as not to cool down my coffee too much. Then I added some ground nutmeg to the warm eggnog and mixed it well. I poured the warm eggnog into my mug and added fresh brewed coffee. Then I put a couple tablespoons of my homemade chocolate syrup. You could use any chocolate syrup you choose. I mixed it and topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with nutmeg. It was just what I was hoping for. I think this would be super yummy on a snowy evening with some cookies to dunk into it.
Eggnog Mocha Latte
1/4 C. Warm eggnog
1/8 - 1/4 tsp. Ground nutmeg
1 C. Fresh brewed coffee
1-2 Tbsp. Chocolate Syrup
Ground nutmeg to sprinkle on top
In a microwave safe mug warm eggnog in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Stir in nutmeg. Stir in coffee. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle more ground nutmeg on top.
- Since eggnog is sweet and then the chocolate syrup adds sweetness, not much eggnog is needed to give a balanced taste. Also, the brand of eggnog is up to you. I prefer Southern Comfort because it is so thick.
- You could try pumpkin spice eggnog or peppermint eggnog in place of regular eggnog.
- If you prefer you could add 1/4 cup of milk to the recipe if you like more milk in your mocha.
- The amount of ground nutmeg added is up to you. Some like lots and some don't. You could omit it if you prefer.
- Miss the rum? Feel free to add a little rum or just a 1/2 tsp. of rum extract.
Check out these other related links: